Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Talk About Cosmetics - bareMinerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo

Last year for Mother’s Day my beautiful, sweet, thoughtful furbaby, Hunter, got me the bareMinerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo that I’d had my eye on since it launched. When I say Hunter got it for me I obviously mean his Grandmother helped him, because he’s a cat and he doesn’t have opposable thumbs to place an online order or money. Do any of you furmommies get gifts from your furbabies? Hunter is very thoughtful, so he’s always surprising me with adorable gifts. Anyway, this duo sounded so great that I just wanted it desperately and was so excited to be able to add it to my collection.

Funny enough, the reviews aren’t great on the bareMinerals website but they’re better at Sephora. I absolutely adore it. I have used it every single time I have worn makeup since I received it, over a year ago now, and I have so much left that I imagine I’ll be happily using it for a very long time to come.

I have really dry skin so powder has never really been an option for me although I think it’s an imperative step in the makeup process; especially to set the makeup and make it last. I had been looking for a powder that was appropriate for my dry skin for a long time and this one turned out to be amazing for me.

The really simple, sturdy and pretty black compact (ignore the scratches in the above photo) houses one matte and one glowy ultra-silky, fine, baked translucent powder. It also has a great mirror. The matte side does a fantastic job of setting makeup without ever looking powdery or cakey. It never clings to any dry patches and seems to slightly blur my skin and make my makeup last all day. The glow side is perfect for enhancing cheekbones with a gorgeous and natural looking highlight. I like wearing it on its own for a subtle glow or layering it over the top of a liquid or cream highlight.



I don’t even know if I can describe how luxurious these powders feel. They’re absolutely stunning. They feel creamy and beyond soft. I’ve actually never felt a powder that is this silky before and can’t think of another product to liken them to.

If you’re oily skinned and looking for a powder with super oil absorbing powers or a blinding highlight then you probably won’t like this product but if you like a soft and subtle look then you’ll most likely adore this like I do. And like I briefly touched on above, a little goes a long way so this will last so long. The powders are each domed so you get a lot of product for your buck. It’s $32, which might seem a bit steep for a basic product but I personally think it’s totally worth every cent. I will rebuy this if I ever run out.  

7 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I had my eye on this last year, but when I swatched it in store, the highlight side was SUPER glittery and I ended up giving it a pass. Everyone talks about it as a soft/natural highlight, like you, so maybe that was just a weird one :) The Invisible Glow powders they've come out with more recently look super pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot until I read your comment but the first time I used it I was so disappointed because it was totally glittery and I didn't like the finish but I think it was an overspray because the glitter went away. Definitely worth giving a second look! I'm always confused when companies use oversprays. It's like, what's the point?!

      Delete
  2. I love bareMinerals, how did I not know this product existed? Thanks for the review, I will be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you'll really like it! Which bareMinerals products are your favorite? I', not sure what I want to try next!

      Delete
  3. I think I will like it too! I use their powder foundation and blush. I also just started using their brow powder to cover a scar I have on my eyebrow and it works great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!