Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Talk About Green Cleaning - Meliora Laundry Powder

On the Beautiful Basics Facebook page, I admitted to you all that I’ve been using Tide Free and Gentle laundry detergent. I can’t even tell you how many natural detergents I’ve tried without finding one that didn’t make me itchy or make my clothes smell weird or leave them feeling kind of gross and stiff. It was the last toxic product I was using in my home and it always bummed me out so much because Tide isn’t an animal-friendly company, nor is it environmentally friendly. I knew it wasn’t a healthy product but I was still shocked when I saw that Tide Free and Gentle received an F on EWG’s Guide to Healthy Cleaning.

My Mom did a lot of research trying to find something non-toxic, gentle, efficient and cruelty-free so when she discovered Meliora she just went for it and placed an order. I wasn’t super hopeful since my past experiences with natural laundry products hasn’t been great but I was very pleasantly surprised and we have now found our perfect, safe detergent.

Meliora means “Better” in Latin and their products are vegan, cruelty-free and healthy as well as totally safe for our bodies and the planet. The Laundry Powder comes in 3 scents (Lavender, Lemon, or Lemon-Lavender-Clove) as well as their original unscented (which is what my family and I use) and works for standard or HE washers.



The unscented is made with Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Vegetable Soap [Sodium Cocoate, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Water]. If you choose a scented version you get this same formula with added Certified Organic essential oils. The ingredients list is simple and straightforward so you’ll never heave to wonder and worry about what ingredients are lurking in the cardboard and steel canister. You can click this link to check out the explanation of why these use each of the ingredients that they do and to find out more about the product in general.

They received an A on EWG so that’s a massive improvement and I find that it works just as well, if not better since it puts my mind and my green-loving heart at ease, than any other detergent I’ve ever tried. It does such a good job of cleaning my laundry and making them feel really nice, too. You only need half a scoop (if you’re using an HE washer like me) so a little will go a very, very long way.



We even placed another order with Meliora and ordered the 500 HE loads refill set so it’s safe to say that I plan on using this wonderful powder product indefinitely and can’t recommend it enough. You can learn more about the company by clicking here. You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. Hello!I follow you, And it is all so special... I have been looking for a soap like this. I will follow them and try to get it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great ! NO SLS/SLES or any hidden chemicals ! Unable to find anything THIS organic in my country

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!