Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Talk About Cosmetics - MyChelle Sheer Lip Hint Conditioning Lip Balm

I’ve been keeping a secret product under wraps since it arrived at my doorstep but I can now officially talk about the latest launch from MyChelle and I’m excited because they’re so good.



The brand recently launched their Sheer Lip Hint Conditioning Lip Balm but now they’re set to release three more shades. There’s the original Sheer as well as Nude, Berry, and Plum. These potted beauties are described as a 4-in-1 lip treatment that nourishes, soothes, deeply hydrates, and primes lips. One of the nicest things about this product is that they can be worn on their own for just a little something on the lips or layered with other products.

They add a tiny but still noticeable touch of color, a beautiful shine, and so much rich moisture to the lips. They also have a fresh spearmint scent (and flavor) which I’m totally into. The formula is so well done. They never feel sticky, heavy, or too thick and instead feel supremely comfortable while also being super luxe.



The Nude has the most intense color payoff and does a fantastic job of toning down my natural lip tone and looks moist like an actual lip color. It looks like a pigmented lip gloss. On me, the Berry is the most like my natural lip color so it just adds a little hint of brightness and shine. The Plum adds just a smidgen of rich color perfect for the cooler weather.  Plum and Berry seem to have some pretty shimmer in them but I don’t notice it once applied. All four add such a wonderful luminosity to the lips and liven up my complexion, regardless of which one I apply. I’ve never been a fan of the completely matte and dry looking lip trend that’s been so popular so it’s really nice to see a product like this come out, and it’s especially nice that it’s such a treat to wear.

I'll be posting some photos of me actually wearing them soon (I'm still not well enough for makeup and photo shoots) but for now here are some heavy arm swatches. Keep in mind, they sheer out on the lips, although they can be built up a bit.

From left to right: Nude, Berry, Plum. 

My biggest complaint is that they come in a pot. The pot itself is quite nice and looks great on any vanity thanks to the heavy, frosted glass containers but I’m a major germaphobe and don’t typically like dipping my finger into potted products. I originally tried using a lip brush to apply these but they really do need the heat and warmth from your skin to melt into something useable. After the balm has warmed up a bit it becomes so creamy and buttery that it’s just an absolute dream to apply to the lips.

They are surprisingly long-lasting once they’re on and continue to provide color, shine, and hydrating throughout the day. I’m such a fan. Even after you remove it you’re left with a protective layer that continues hydrating.

Don’t ask me to pick a favorite, because I can’t. Every day calls for a different shade. The Sheer is my favorite for simple conditioning, though, and since it’s translucent it’s the easiest to just slap on when my lips are looking a little dry and dehydrated. I also love putting it on at the start of my makeup routine because then my lips are plumped and ready for whatever I put on next. They’re great on their own but I’ve also found that they look gorgeous on top of just a simple lipliner.

With pure plant oils and waxes and 100% mineral pigments you can feel good about what you’re putting on your lips. These are also completely vegetarian and cruelty-free. You can visit MyChelle Dermaceuticals’ website and learn more by clicking here. You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

(FTC: These products were sent to me for free for review consideration by the company. I am not being compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!